Music; a sweet sounding lullaby

Music is a pleasant and admirable sound Noise is the opposite.

I grew up in a world filled with noise, from the sound of metal being hammered down to the sound of junks being thrown but most specially the noise made by the human mouth, the yelling, shouting and the non stop chanting of emotionally damaging words even lies and reciting of nonsense ideas or ugly philosophies are noises which I considered the worst kind.

Music is gentle and subtle, it aims not hurt the human ear but by appealing to it, I rarely heard real music growing up, the radio plays songs that I don't find appealing, the people singing around me were usually bunch of drunk men who prefers to yell words when given a microphone. The thing is I discover music late, usually I hears it  at our school during chapel hour, there i hear real singers and people reciting beautiful verses that had a lot to tell more than the verse itself. In that same school I learn how to play the xylophone and memorized several beautiful song lyrics usually religious songs that everyone will find beautiful even to non religious. 

The truth is that I am rediscovering what music really is. Today i define music as pleasant sound that is man-made, music is not only limited to tone, melody, rhythm and beat, but it can also be the idea or meaning behind the sound, the lyrics of a song, the history or stories behind them, i also include the feeling it ignites and the mood it delivers. Right now I am listening to the songs from the band called The Beatles, The Camerawalls, Dragonfly collector, Eraserheads and many other who inspires me to write this blog. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little love letter

A beginning of something wonderful

Flowers of life!